Get Social: 20 social web sites for moms, moms to be, not yet moms
Get Social on these 20 web sites! They’re all about connecting, discovering and sharing things you like with other moms, moms to be or not-yet moms!
SOCIAL SHOPPING BOOKMARKING FOR MOMS
- Stylehive is a social bookmarking site that is focused on shopping, it addresses the research part of shopping as it’s a great tool where you can see what other people like. Stylehive’s main focus is on discovery,you’ll discover all sorts of new products from unknown designers as well as top retailers which have their own profiles set up. Stylehive will satisfy your fashion needs in one swoop!
- Kaboodle is a social shopping community where people discover, recommend and share products. Kaboodle’s powerful shopping tools allow people to organize their shopping through lists, discover new things from people with similar style, get discounts on popular products and find best prices. At the heart of Kaboodle is a fun and engaging community of people who love to shop.
- Wists creates shareable thumbnail bookmarks of your favorite websites. It’s part del.icio.us and flickr in one!
SOCIAL SHOPPING FOR WOMEN
- ThisNext is a social shopping network where members discover products based on recommendations. With ThisNext you can explore great product recommendations, get a personalized shopping experience with suggestions and talk about the products you like with a web page of your own!
- ShopStyle is the online equivalent of browsing the aisles of the world’s most fabulous store.
- Wishpot Baby is a place for parents to get great advice from mom experts, create easy to use baby registries that let you add items from anywhere, see what other moms are shopping for, and easily share all your baby needs with friends and family.
- MyPickList is for those who are looking to make some cash from the things they like. You put their widget which has the things you like on your website or blog and when some clicks on it and makes a purchase you get a commision.
PARENTING/FAMILY SOCIAL NETWORKS.
- CafeMom is a “MySpace for Moms”, already the largest social-networking/community site for moms AND the leading women’s/parenting site on the internet.
- Maya’s Mom is a social network and advice site for parents, specifically females. Parents can share their thoughts via “journals”, join specific groups to get advice and ask questions, and find other parents to connect and share pictures with. The site is based around parenting so you’ll find plenty of postings on kids taking first steps, silly kid quotes and general parenting advice.
- BabyCenter is an informational website on conception, pregnancy, birth, and early childhood for parents and parents-to-be. Together with its companion site ParentCenter, a resource for parents of children ages 2 to 8, BabyCenter helps users find the information and support they need during pregnancy and in caring for a baby, toddler, or child.
- Minti offers a collaborative parenting advice service that empowers individuals to share their stories and experience.
- The Cradle is a lifestyle destination for expectant and new parents. Through fresh and relevant content, personalized features and tools, and an engaging social networking community, The Cradle offers a central place where those who ‘need to know’ can connect with those ‘in the know’.
- TotSpot is a place for parents to publish a page about their kids and share with family and friends. It’s part online babybook, parent journal, and social network.
- Mother’s Click is the world’s first social network and online service provider developed exclusively for active moms and their groups. It’s a free online tool designed to be a unique parenting resource, helping moms to promote group-building, knowledge-sharing, and community. It’s similar to BabyCenter and is part of the ParentsClick family of networks
- BabySpot allows you to keep friends and family posted on the latest with your “special bundle of joy.” The site allows you to post baby pictures, videos, and create a blog.
SOCIAL NEWS VOTING FOR ENTERTAINMENT.
- Kirtsy is a site where women point out the cool stuff. Kirtsy has some neat features a nice design, and has a lot to offer women looking for information on a whole host of subjects, including family, design, travel, mind and body, and more.
- Lipstick is all about celebrity news. You can post links to your favorite stories, vote up or down on other stories you like and comment. Lipstick is great to find new content.
- Sugarloving launched by PopSugar is a “Digg for chicks”. It covers everything from tech to fashion, from a woman’s point of view.
- ShowHype Users can see top news on the home page or drill down to keep track of specific movies, television shows or celebrities, all based on tagging.
- Dotspotter was like a Digg for celebrity news, and that aspect is retained in the new site, The Insider, where stories can be voted up or down. They can also comment on stories and submit their own, which have chance to make it to homepage, alongside posts written by the site’s editorial staff.
If you have any other web site which is not on this list and think needs a mention, let us know in the comments!
Filed under: For Moms, For Women, FUN, lifestyle, moms | 7 Comments
Tags: family social network, parenting social network, social bookmarking, social news women, social shopping, social shopping for women